Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year Challenges

Two years ago, I resolved to try "something new" each month of the new year.  This year, I've decided to tweak it a little and take-on a challenge each month. No rules or expectations, just challenge myself with something new each month.

The month of January is "Jumpstart January."  Today, I started the 24-day Challenge.  The 24-day Challenge is a diet that focuses on decreasing portion sizes while increasing frequency of meals.  It also cuts out many of my favorite things to eat!  I'm not dieting to lose weight, nor I'm I dieting to achieve some idealistic body.  I've chosen this challenge to help me break my sugar addiction and force myself to eat healthier.  I've always enjoyed practicing extreme self-discipline, and a sugar restricting diet is the perfect test for me!

Today is a cleanse day.  I'm only allowed small portions of vegetables and fruits today.  I started the day with a "fiber drink."  I must say, it was one of the most disgusting things I've ever ingested!  I felt like I was drinking a liquid loofa sponge!  I drank as much as I could with out puking, but it was definitely a challenge!  The meal replacement shake that I had for breakfast was much easier to swallow.  The only real, solid food that I've had all day has been green peppers, homemade salsa, and oranges.  Can't wait for my next "feeding time"-- salad!  Yum!  I have very little energy and hope that tomorrow will be easier, although I'm already dreading the fiber drink.  However, I can have protein, carbs and healthy fats tomorrow; definitely something to look forward to!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya girlfriend! I'm back on the "no-sugar" wagon myself! You'll have to break down this meal plan for us... Very interesting... not so sure about the "fiber" drink...
    We do a really yummy shake in the a.m. with fruit, spinach, protein powder, oatmeal & almond milk (unsweetened).

    btw - love that you're blogging!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your jumpstart is getting better!

    ReplyDelete